Therapy With Me
There have been many powerful advances in psychotherapy, and you can expect excellent results, however, lasting change will require hard work on your part. I am excited to collaborate with you, and I'll be asking you to bring a lot to the table to achieve the best results. I will ask you to:
- Formulate goals for our work together
- Fill out rating forms at the start and end of every session so we can measure the impact of our work and so you can give me feedback.
- Practice actively in between sessions. The amount of time required is typically about 20 minutes per day, though may vary depending on the phase of treatment and the nature of your goals.
- In addition to the above, I strongly recommend that you record each of our sessions and listen to them afterward, to better absorb and integrate what you are learning.
I offer therapy that can include the following modalities:
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - TEAM CBT as developed by Dr. David D. Burns
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Contemporary Psychodynamic therapy
- Ideal Parent Figure Protocol / Three Pillars method as developed by Daniel P. Brown and David Elliott
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- Psychiatric medications, used judiciously. Many problems can be addressed without the need for medications.
- Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy - for patients already in established treatment with me.
Psychotherapy and psychopharmacology for adults in Oakland, California
I am in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I schedule new patient appointments for 60-90 minutes, medication management follow up appointments are generally 25 minutes, psychotherapy appointments are 50 minutes. Please contact me about fees and to set up an initial appointment.
I am an out-of-network provider and can provide you with a detailed invoice that can be used to submit to your insurance.
My office is located at
6355 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 203
Oakland, CA 94609